Technology, health and geography are on the docket at Linking’ Memorial High this week:
• It took awhile, but it appears that wine vending machines are becoming a thing.
• I’ve judged with Dr. Michael Apstein before and found him to be bright and insightful. So I trust what he says about the possible benefits of taking two alcohol-free days a week.
• So I have seen a buttload of reports on the health benefits of wine, particularly red wine. And I have seen WAY too many of what I call “boner ads.” So I guess it was inevitable that the twain shall meet with red wine reportedly helping treat erectile dysfunction.
• If you’re like me, you hate those wine bottles with a buttload of wax at the top. My friend Mark just plows through with a corkscrew; here’s what the estimable Dunn Vineyards recommends.
• Government-recommended guidlelines are gospel to some and anathema to others. Here’s a look at proposed drinking limits around the globe.
• Wine can be just fine in a water glass, but it’s inarguably more expressive in a decent “real” wine glass. Turns out those vessels apparently also mask some unwelcome aromas.
• Finally, pull put this in case of emergency: