Linkin’ logs: 1-5-15
The times, they are a-scrollin’. Here are a few recent pluckings from the World Wine Web:
• The always entertaining and edifying Madeline Puckette takes a gander at some wacky wine glasses.
• Speaking of unusual conveyances made of glass, I’ve been sampling a cool, sleek decanter called the Travaso. Here’s how it works, and it’s quite a show (and a showpiece for your next wine gathering). Oh, and it does the job.
• Many folks think wine and cheese just automatically go together, no questions asked. Of course it’s a lot more complicated than that. Here’s perhaps the best guide I’ve seen on the topic.
• I try my best to avoid hyperbole (or hyper-bowl,” as I heard an announcer say on a cable-access rasslin’ show a couple of decades ago). But this is one fantabulous set of wine cartoons.
• I’ve never tried to “saber” a bottle of bubbles, and I’m not sure this woman has, either. (H/T John Skupny.)
• And finally, here’s one of the weirdest-looking wine cellars any of us will ever see (not sure of the “provenance”):