The good, the bad and the scary on the vinous front:
• There’s some really cool wine coming out of Slovenia, which also is home to perhaps the world’s oldest vine.
• Anyone who has been to Venice had to have been saddened by the recent flooding, and there might be more bad news on the vinous front.
• Space: the final frontier for wine’s evolution?
• The Cycles Gladiator wines got banned in Alabama because of their risqué labels, so I’m guessing the new Mouton-Rothschild release might be facing a similar fate.
• The headline is a little off here: should be “Local chefs share Thanksgiving wine tips.”
• Interesting poll, and interesting points, about whether independent retailers can survive, and how they should proceed.
• Finally, some sage advice that should come in especially handy if the Turkey Day talk turns to politics: