A boatload of Web-tastic hap’nin’s:
• Those wacky French are at it again, spilling tens of thousands of gallons of wine being slipped into their country.
• Been hankering for hangover-free wine? It’s heeeeeere.
• Two-Buck Chuck has been Three-Buck Chuck in these parts for some time now. Soon it will be No-Buck Chuck, i.e. just gone.
• Call me a Luddite, but I think wine should be for people who love it, not for speculative investors who have no interest in enjoying it. So I have a hard time rooting for a lot of the people who got bilked buying futures from Premier Cru. Unfortunately, a lot of folks who were just trying to buy good wine for themselves also got screwed.
• Regular readers know how much I love quotes, from wise to wiseass, about wine. VinePair has compiled a score of the latter.
• Finally, a couple of chalky, cheeky signs of recent (or any) vintage: