Linkin’ logs: 5-23-13
Spanning the tubes to give you wine-world wise news:
• My friend Reid just put in a fantabulous 800-bottle cellar, much of which he built himself. I probably shouldn’t show him these cellars, lest he get a big ol’ dose of pinot envy.
• There are bad ideas, and then there’s this: smoking alcohol. Yeesh.
• No one likes taxes, but it’s always good to know just how much we’re paying with our purchases. This handy-dandy state-by-state map shows state excise taxes on wine. By far the highest rate is in Kentucky; guessing it’s to make up for what almost certainly are teeny-tiny (nonexistent?) cigarette taxes.
• Per the above item, here are Upper Midwest tax rates for sundry spirits:
• Finally, the best sign I’ve seen in a good long while: