The World Wine Web continues to enrich our lives, at least with these nuggets:
• The Big Apple is not about to become the Big Grape, but it does have a cool vineyard of sorts.
• Another link from the endlessly fascinating Atlas Obscura site: the local wines that inspired Karl Marx.
• My friend Mark passed along this interesting take on how we might not be drinking much better, or different, wine than folks a millennium or two ago.
• I’ve always thought the Celts had their act together in sundry ways, and appreciating Greek wines (and food) apparently was one of them.
• OK by me, except for the raison d’être: Red Châteauneuf-du-Papes will have more white grapes in the future, thanks to global warming.
• Finally, me want this vessel: