Cool stuff from the Wineterweb:
• No place has the breadth and depth of wines to match Italy. Wine Folly provides its typically looky approach to this.
• Decanter’s Andrew Jefford looks at the quandary that so many of us have been facing — whether to get out of the high-end-buying world — and has a fascinating point about truly interesting vs. expensive bottles.
• My friend Jason has written a swell piece prompted by an encounter with what I like to call “liquivores.” He makes some insightful points about styles and trends.
• Wit and wisdom, h/t to my friend Mike: Hedges winery has compiled a fabulous list of “rules for attending a wine festival.” My favorite: “Over-buff late thirties guy: Don’t try to impress your date by contradicting me. You’re going to fail. Yeah, try me.”
• Finally, I need one of these: