Somm time, and the wisdom is easy
It’s up to you whether to heed the recommendations of sommeliers, but it’s smart to heed their words:
• “There are times when wine feels like a branch of the timber industry.” — Tim Atkin
• “I’ve learned so much about everything, not only wine but culture, history, languages, geology, geography, chemistry, agriculture … wine is truly the school of life.” — Andreas Larsson
• “At the end of the day, we’re selling poetry.” — Geoff Kruth
• “Overall, I like to keep winespeak simple and use everyday language. As a teacher you have to be crystal clear. As a writer you have to baffle the most erudite readers so they think you are qualified to be writing.” — Rick Schofield
• “If everybody liked the same wine, it would be very expensive and hard to get.” — John Szabo
love the headline to this post.