News you can use, or not, from the InterTubes:
• Looks like the drought is over in California Wine Country.
• I’ll write a bit more about this, but the quality of the cold-climate-wine documentary “Wine Diamonds” can be gleaned from this trailer.
• I can dig it: a mimosa slushy recipe. I’d go with Mionetto or Adami for the bubbles part, though.
• My friend the Hosemaster loves the chenin made by my friends Gabe & Adam (left) as much as I do. The post also makes some great points about brett.
• One of my favorite wine shops, Thomas Liquors in St. Paul, has a Prohibition-era basement. But this one in Florida really taxes the Way Back Machine.
• Finally, the coolest man in the world weighs in on our favorite beverage: