Words of wine wisdom from worldly writers
Some of my favorite viniferous quotes from great (or at least very good) authors:
• “Wine rejoices the heart of man, and joy is the mother of all virtues. “” Goethe
• “Wine makes the true savor of love intelligible to man.
““ Colette (left)
• “Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world and one of the most natural things in the world that has been brought to the greatest perfection. It offers a greater range of enjoyment and appreciation than, possibly, any other purely sensory thing. “” Ernest Hemingway
• “Wine is bottled poetry. “” Robert Louis Stevenson
• “A man will be eloquent if you give him good wine.” “” Ralph Waldo Emerson
• “God made only water, but man made wine. “” Victor Hugo
– T. Roosevelt
You carry a big schtick, sir!