Linkin’ logs: 10-19-17
It’s a big ol’ goofy world, as John Prine intones, especially in the vinous realm:
• My kind of memorial to my kind of mayor, who purportedly drank a gallon of wine to save the city.
• Cork dork-osity: It appears that wine tastes better, or so we think, after that popping sound.
• I might be a bit too claustrophobic to sleep here. Probably should opt for an igloo instead.
• Words matter, except when they don’t, as this semi-frivolous lawsuit shows.
• In the “What the fuck is the matter with people?” category, Snopes felt compelled to post that Mexican drug cartels did not start the Wine Country fires. On the same topic — and decidedly not fake news — I talked to several former Minnesotans dealing with the crisis (photo courtesy of Tom Thornton).
• I buy wine to enjoy with friends and loved ones, not as an “investment.” But financially speaking, that’s apparently a good idea.
• Finally, I don’t care to try this, but it is worth noting: