Spanning the vinous globe, from France to … Wisconsin? Yessir:
• One more reason to move to France: At least one hospital has a wine bar for the terminally ill.
• Pairing wine with chocolate can be a contentious issue. Some say never to do this; I call bullshit on that. Here’s a fabulous guide to matching wines with different kinds of chocolate.
• OK, availability is limited, but what a concept: weed wine.
• The good news is … well, actually there is some good news in this article about a down year for wine production.
• Minnesota has some catching up to do with this trend: local wines by the glass in restaurants.
Finally, here’s my ballot: