We’re on a scroll, seeking out the most edifying and/or entertaining far on the Wine Web:
• “We’re in a world without balls.” Learn the context in which peripatetic wine consultant Michel Rolland (left) said this.
• The French have always had a more mature view of children and alcohol, and they’re better off for it. I have no hope that many Americans will learn from this.
• Decanter chose these 10 vinous photos as best of the year. I concur, even without seeing the other entrants.
• Timely advice: As is their custom, the witty wags at the Onion take a completely believable premise and run with it, revealing an unknown benefit of red wine.
• Learned a new word today, and it’s right in my wheelhouse, having both vinous and literary connotations: oenomel.
• Finally, I’ve had the occasional night like this, but much less often since making wine my primary imbibable: