The good, the not-so-good and the weird as we scroll about:
• Growing up, one of my very favorite TV shows was “Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.” More than half a century later, I have no desire to buy wine from the bottom of the sea, especially at these prices.
• One of the benefits of living in Tundraland is that we have fewer frightful animals great and small than in my native South. It’s thus unlikely that an alligator would get into my wine collection.
• Seriously great news: Our favorite Sonoma restaurant, Willi’s Wine Bar, is reopening less than two years after being squarely in the way of devastating fires.
• Tablas Creek is a great winery, and Jason Haas’ stewardship is a big reason why. He’s also a stellar writer, and here makes the case for the lamentably neglected half-bottle (375 ml).
• Finally, canine training doesn’t get any better than this: