Linkin’ logs: 8-4-15
I was stunned to see that for some friends son, school already has started in Atlanta (can’t imagine the air-conditioning bills). But then again, Linkin’ Memorial High is always in session:
• Wish I could write this good: Terry Theise makes impeccable points in this look at the “natural wine” realm.
• Randall Grahm (left) is another of my very favorite wine people, and he’s always up to something. Now he’s raising funds to create a “grand cru” in Santa Barbara from 10,000 new grape varieties. Which got a hilarious skewering from yet another of my favorite fermented-juice folks, the Hosemaster of Wine.
• I had a ton of fun gathering the material for this piece of where Napa vintners like to eat, casual and special occasion. Learned a lot, too.
• I wrote that story for a seriously cool new publication called Le Pan, which also has a great but frightful article posted on a lesser-known disease posing a significant threat to grape growers.
• OK, so this take on wine pairing via zodiac sign seems like a reach, but hey, I do loves me some Rioja.
• Not sure how many push-ups I’m capable of at this stage, but this method probably would help.
• Finally, we’ve been doing a lot of work on our house lately, but, alas, have yet to add the sink or any of the chairs below: