Beer here! And microbes good and bad! All in a day’s curriculum at Linkin’ Memorial High:
• For some reason, this report on people preferring weaker wines made me think of those old tastes-great/less-filling ads.
• A few years back, Oregon wine maestro Ken Wright shared some thoughts here on the value of microbial matter in soil. Now comes a report that basically backs what Wright believes, and posits that the key element of terroir might be … bacteria?
• Not the microbes you want: A former nuclear-weapons plant site is leaching groundwater in Washington wine country.
• Here’s a very cool look at the origins and history of zinfandel.
• The Catholic Church is backing a wine bar in northern France. Guessing they’re serving something better than sacramental wine.
• Finally, this T-shirt should be on many an oenophile’s gift list: