Scrollin’ away, vying for the best vinous news:
• The wrong kind of party poopers have cost a Long Island winery its license. H/T to my friend Rolf.
• Cayuse is losing gobs of money because of faulty corks. My buddy Joe sez: “I’m fairly certain that someday people will look back on cork closures like we remember eight-track tapes.”
• I love these kinds of things: When certain wines get too expensive, try these alternates.
• The Prohibition era was an endlessly fascinating time, prompting endless resourcefulness. But I never had heard about wine bricks from back in the day.
• Finally, a variation on the dating game: