Linkin’ logs: 11-21-19
It’s beginning to look a lot like … an insane feast is anon. For news on this and other vinous matters:
• A seriously cool idea: co-fermenting grapes with apples, wort, etc., to make a hybrid. Let’s not call it “weer” or “wider,” though.
• Love this list of what wines to pair with the pies that cap the repast. And I didn’t delve as deeply into one course, but lightly into all of the standard stuff.
• Staying with food-wine matchups, I love Tim Hanni’s suggestions for hosts, not least because it includes two personal favorites from Oregon, Paetra Riesling and Abacela Albarino.
• On the other hand, I likely wouldn’t serve this 1,700-year-old bottle with a meal. But many wines of course are worth aging, and Eric Asimov offers his standard sage advice on that topic
• Finally, some more savvy advice on watching the news: