Linkin’ logs: 6-4-14
Tuneage, religion and an even more contentious issue between farmers are among the InterTube gleanings of late:
• Several wine-soaked tunes pop up on the playlists that I compile for vinous gatherings, but few of them are on Grape Collective’s lists of essential wine-themed songs. And I do need to add one by the inimitable Don Ho (left).
• Aeon Magazine brings us a wonderful treatise about how and why, for many a millennia, wine has been “more than just a beverage.”
* Some people will have a hard time figuring out whom to root for in an unfortunate agricultural contretemps between growers of cannabis and grapes.
• The makers of the wine world’s most swell recent invention have issued a caveat for the Coravin.
• Finally, with the samples piling up, I’m in no danger of succumbing to this unspeakable affliction: