The other day, I sampled 11 crummy chardonnays so you won’t have to. Every day, I scroll through the InterWebs so you won’t have to. The pick of the recent litter:
• Some vintners will sell no wine before its time — underwater.
• Buried is this interesting report about a huge conference dealing with climate change/alcohol levels is a surprising factoid: Worldwide wine consumption is down since 2008.
• In the ’90s and into this century, varietals were the spice of most wine enthusiasts’ life. Now, according to some dude named Ward, not so much.
• In its ongoing battle with Amazon and Disney to see who will take over the world, Google has a cool new feature: virtual tours of California wineries.
• VinePair has a compilation of droll (or not) wine posters/memes, but that’s not going to stop me from posting this one: