Linkin’ logs: 7-31-16
All the news that’s fit to drink in:
• I’m sure my late, great cat Roscoe would have lapped up wine made for felines.
• Learned a couple of things from this brief piece on cooling wines quickly: that it’s best to wrap the bottle in a wet cloth before placing it in the freezer (for 10 minutes), and that “lots of salt” should be put into a mix of crushed ice and cold water to do the job (in 15 minutes).
• Here’s an interesting way to construct a wine cellar.
• Former NFL QBs Drew Bledsoe (left) and Rick Mirer have delved deeply into our world with their own wineries.
• I enjoy the Delectable and Vivino apps but don’t use them as much as I should. Now comes a similar app, Wine Ring, which purportedly can tell if you’ll like an unfamiliar wine (based on ratings you’ve given other fermented grape juice).
• Finally, this future imbiber speaks for me: