Ending a whirlwind tour of Portugal this evening, and just starting to catch up on the World Wine Web. Some noteworthy stuff:
• Oh, to be a prince: I’m jealous not only in coveting Prince Charles’ car that runs primarily on wine ethanol but of just having a vintage Aston Martin, period.
• Climate-change skeptics are the types who probably already hate the French, so they’re likely to be doubly miffed to see that vintners over there are experimenting with warmer-weather grapes in anticipation of hotter climes.
• Robert Sinskey always has forged his own path (and made stellar wine), so it’s no surprise that he is tinkering with growing truffles in Napa.
• Elin McCoy brings her usual acumen — and wit — to assessing Starbucks’ new wine program.
• Sage advice, from rock to vines: